Start a new topic

Resetting the z wave network

I’ve been using this nifty trick when there is a problem with the gateways z wave connection to the home energy meter. Instead of using the built in disconnect process ( which never worked for me) to remove a meter or repeater, I go into the developer menu/ z-wave sub menu and press the “force flash” button, and wait for a bit. This action wipes clean the z wave network so one can quickly setup a new one. Paul

1 person has this question

This past summer, we've had two electrical storms or power outages. Each time, the gateway stops working with the z-network. Rebooting, resetting stats in the developer menu, and even re-flashing from the dump file does not bring the network back. The solution is always to flash the z-network in the developer menu and setting up the z-network again from scratch. It would be good to update the software to "self-heal" the z-network. Or, am I missing something?
Paul

1 person likes this

Paul, you are right, we need to build in a fully automated zWave auto-recover feature. The main zWave challenge is the button push on the device to re-pair. We will be building our own Chilicon Power Meter based on our PLC before long.  

Login or Signup to post a comment